Sunday, September 14, 2008

Stuff I missed


I realize that I am not the best at updating the blog...but here is a quick update on some stuff I missed.

Not too long ago (a couple weeks) Rey and I took Rian to Wonderworks. I don't really recommend it, unless your kids are 4 or 5 at least. There wasn't a lot Rian could do, and there wasn't a lot I could do, cause I was watching her the whole time. Rey kinda had fun though. He even got to lay on the bed of nails.

One of things she liked was the wall of pegs. She discovered that she could make hand prints. I think she just likes things she push and not get yelled at for.

The thing she loved was the bubble room. She was completely memorized by the giant bubbles, it was all she wanted to do. She helped me and Daddy make bubbles and we even covered her with a bubble. She thought it was great. I still think next time, maybe we'll try the Science Center. They have a room all about orange juice, or something, specifically for little kids to play.



The other thing I missed was the ear infection. I know this is not normally something you would want to share with people, but it was her first real sick and for first time parents it's always a big deal.

It was very exciting. The night before Rian second cousin Jake's 2yr birthday party Rian got a fever. Rey and I were out, but Grandma took good care of her, gave her Tylenol and juice and put her too bed a little early. The next day she had a high fever at one point reaching 102.7. We were having a hard time keeping it down even with Tylenol and a cool bath. Rey had gone to Jake's birthday to give him his present and at least represent the family. He came home quickly and we took her to an urgent Pediatric Care place. They were great.

The doctor told us she had an ear infection and a small throat infection. He gave us some Motrin and a prescription for Amoxicillin. But they wouldn't let us leave until her fever started to go down. We changed her into something cool and the nurse brought us a red Popsicle. Rian was not a fan of the cold. She liked the flavor, but we think the cold hurt her little teeth. Daddy had to break off little bits and pop them in her mouth.
I really wanted to stay home with her the following Monday, but Rey was home. He and Grandma took good care of the little sick poopy doopy. She was much better in like 2 days.
That's about it for the big stuff...
There is plenty of little things; we got a new tooth brush, with a handle, so I don't get bitten every time I try to brush Rian's teeth, Daddy started playing softball again for Disney, Rian has two new teeth, molars all the way in the back, and Aunt Julie started high school. It's been a busy couple of weeks.

No comments: